Welcome to the University of North Texas Math Tutor Lab
The Math Tutor Lab is moving to SAGE HALL 103 during Spring Final Exam week. The tutor lab is not open the week of final exams.
The new lab will open for Maymester on May 14, 2018. Maymester hours:
Monday thru Thursday, 12 - 4 pm.
Come see us in our new, beautiful lab!!
Spring 2018 Hours
The MathLab opens the 2nd week of class on Monday, January 22, 2018.
Monday - Thursday 7 am - 8 pm, Friday 7 am - 4 pm, and Saturday 12 noon - 4 pm
Spring Break - Monday, March 12 - Saturday, March 17, 2018
Last Day Open - Thursday, May 3, 2018
Closed on Friday, May 4, 2018 (Reading Day), and all week during Finals.
The MathLab is closed on Sundays, all official UNT holidays, and during Finals week in the long semesters. Please keep in mind that the MathLab hours change each semester.
The MathLab is located in the General Academics Building (GAB), Room 440.
About the MathLab:
- The MathLab serves students enrolled in math 1000-2000 level classes, MATH 3410, and MATH 3680 at UNT including the NCTM developmental courses 331, 351, and 371. The MathLab is funded by student fees from students enrolled in these classes.
- No FOOD or DRINKS are allowed in the MathLab.
- You are welcome to do homework or study in the MathLab "on your own", but be considerate of others.
- The MathLab maintains a studious environment and disruptive students will be asked to leave.
- Cellphones should be silenced and all phone conversations must be taken outside.
- The MathLab does not lend textbooks or calculators to students.
MathLab Tutors will:
- Answer specific questions.
- Help you get started on a problem.
- Check that you are approaching a problem correctly.
- Encourage you through the process as you tackle your homework.
MathLab Tutors will NOT:
- Actually work your homework problems for you, OR check your answers.
- Assist with take-home quizzes or any assignment restricted from the MathLab.
- Spend unlimited time with you.
- Repeat a lecture from class.
- Lend math textbooks or solutions manuals to you.
Student Employment Documents
Fall 2018 Submission Deadline: Friday, April 27, 2018
The Math department, reserves the right to limit the amount of time they employ students that are enrolled in their student teaching/apprentice teaching semester.
MathLab Contact Information
Math Lab Manager
Office Hours: 8am-5pm M-F