The Mathematics Department at the University of North Texas invites applications for a lecturer to begin in Fall 2016. The initial appointment is for three years. The lecturer is expected to teach four classes/sections per semester and provide service related to instructional activities.
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
- A Master's degree in Mathematics, or a related field at the time of application; and
- Experience teaching college level mathematics courses for the preparation of future elementary school teachers.
Preference will be given to candidates with a PhD degree in Mathematics or a related field, and to candidates with
- Experience teaching courses for the preparation of future secondary school teachers.
- Experience with on-line teaching platforms.
- Experience teaching a variety of entry level math courses.
Applicants must apply online at: http://facultyjobs.unt.edu. The application must include a cover letter, current vita, unofficial transcript (official transcript required upon hire), three letters of reference, and a teaching statement. Applications will be reviewed starting November 1, 2015, and continue until the search is closed.
UNT is a dynamic, rapidly growing institution and the fourth largest university in Texas, located in the culturally and economically vibrant Dallas/Fort Worth area. More information about the department, including the faculty and courses offered, can be found at http://www.math.unt.edu. The University of North Texas is an EOE/ADA/AA institution committed to diversity in its employment and educational programs, thereby creating a welcoming environment for everyone.