RTG Summer Undergraduate Math Scholars Program
Participation in the Summer Undergraduate Math Scholars Program provides a hands-on mathematics research experience for a period of at least five weeks under the guidance of a faculty mentor along with a stipend of up to $2,000. Participants may not be enrolled in course work during their stipend period. Please visit this year's SUMS web page where you can find program information, a list of participating faculty and their projects and links to the flier and application.
Applications are invited for undergraduate scholarships associated with the RTG program in Logic and Dynamics at the University of North Texas, Department of Mathematics from January through May. provide one year of tuition and fees support of up to $2,500.
The expectations for RTG scholarship recipients include the following:
- to maintain good academic standing with UNT and the Department of Mathematics at all times;
- to maintain good communication and a good working relationship with your faculty mentor;
- to develop and put consistent effort into a research project under the aegis of your faculty mentor;
- to make satisfactory progress in course work and your research project;
- to participate in RTG activities such as organized research projects, seminars, workshops, and conferences.
Students who are interested in applying for an RTG scholarship should visit the Undergraduate Program - Financial Assistance page of the Department of Mathematics website for the application form and instructions. Please state your desire to receive a Research Training Group scholarship in your application. More serious consideration will be given to applicants whose applications and instructor recommendations reference RTG-relevant interests, experience and/or aptitude.