The UNT Mathematics Department offers a number of scholarships for undergraduate mathematics majors. Students should also contact the UNT Financial Aid Office to learn more about general academic scholarships.
There are several departmental undergraduate scholarships available.
- John Ed Allen Scholarships
- David F. Dawson Scholarships
- E. H. Hanson Scholarships
- Mildred Masters McCarty Scholarships
- Roger L. Perry Scholarships
- Ram Lal Seekri Scholarships
The applicant must be new or continuing undergraduate student whose major is mathematics at the University of North Texas.
Scholarships will be awarded in amounts ranging from \$200 to \$1000 dollars. Recipients will receive half the award early in the Fall semester and half in the Spring semester contingent upon satisfactory performance in the Fall semester.
Applicant must be a current or future UNT student whose major is mathematics. Recipients must have demonstrated academic excellence in mathematics as evidenced by formal coursework, independent study, state and national exams, mathematical competitions, etc.
Only one application is required to be considered for all the scholarships. Not every scholarship is awarded every year.
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- Completed application form (you can download the form at the bottom of this page).
- Letters of recommendation from your math teachers (you should request that these be sent to the address shown below).
- Official transcripts or other records which show courses studied and grades (current UNT students may use unofficial transcripts printed from my.unt.edu).
Send applications and supporting material to:
Department of Mathematics
Attn: Undergraduate Scholarships
University of North Texas
1155 Union Circle #311430
Denton, TX 76203-5017
or bring materials to GAB 435.
Review of scholarship applications by the Scholarship Committee will begin March 1. Applications received after this date may also be considered.
The Aspiring Actuary Scholarship
Mathematics students seeking the Undergraduate Academic Certificate in Actuarial Science are eligible for the The Aspiring Actuary Scholarship from the College of Science.
College of Science Scholarships
The College of Science also provides scholarship opportunities. Information on applying for College of Science scholarships is available here.