Welcome to the University of North Texas Math Tutor Lab
MATHLAB WILL BE OPEN FOR THE SEMESTER ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 26TH AT 7:00 AM
Spring 2015 Hours: Jan. 26th to May 8th, 2015
Monday through Thursday 7:00am to 8:00pm
Friday 7:00 am to 4:00pm
Saturday 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Spring Break: March 16th - March 22nd
The MathLab is closed Sundays, all official UNT holidays, and during Finals week. Please keep in mind that the MathLab hours change each semester.
The MathLab is located in the General Academics Building (GAB), Room 440.
About the MathLab:
- The MathLab serves students enrolled in math 1000-2000 level classes, MATH 3410, and MATH 3680 at UNT including the NCTM developmental courses 331, 351, and 371. The MathLab is funded by student fees from students enrolled in these classes.
- No FOOD or DRINK is allowed in the MathLab.
- You are welcome to do homework or study in the MathLab “on your own”, but be considerate of others.
- The MathLab maintains a studious environment and disruptive students will be asked to leave.
- Cellphones should be silenced and all phone conversations must be taken outside.
- The MathLab does not lend textbook or calculators out to students.
MathLab Tutors will:
- Answer specific questions.
- Help you get started on a problem.
- Check that you are approaching a problem correctly.
- Encourage you through the process as you tackle your homework.
MathLab Tutors will NOT:
- Actually work your homework problems for you OR check your answers.
- Assist with take-home quizzes or any assignment restricted from the MathLab.
- Spend unlimited time with you.
- Repeat a lecture from class.
- Lend math textbooks or solutions manuals to you.