Welcome to the University of North Texas Math Tutor Lab
Summer 2017 Hours
Maymester, May 15 - 31, 2017
Monday - Friday: 12 noon - 4 pm
Closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2017
Last Day Open - Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Summer 1, June 5 - July 6, 2017
Monday - Thursday 7 am - 7 pm, Friday 9 am - 4 pm, Saturday 12 - 4 pm
Closed on Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4th, 2017
Last Day Open: Thursday, July 6, 2017
Summer 2, July 10 - August 10, 2017
Monday - Thursday 7 am - 7 pm, Friday 7am - 12 noon, Saturday 12 - 4 pm
Last Day Open: Thursday, August 10, 2017
The MathLab is closed on Sundays, all official UNT holidays, and during Finals week in the long semesters. Please keep in mind that the MathLab hours change each semester.
The MathLab is located in the General Academics Building (GAB), Room 440.
About the MathLab:
- The MathLab serves students enrolled in math 1000-2000 level classes, MATH 3410, and MATH 3680 at UNT including the NCTM developmental courses 331, 351, and 371. The MathLab is funded by student fees from students enrolled in these classes.
- No FOOD or DRINKS are allowed in the MathLab.
- You are welcome to do homework or study in the MathLab "on your own", but be considerate of others.
- The MathLab maintains a studious environment and disruptive students will be asked to leave.
- Cellphones should be silenced and all phone conversations must be taken outside.
- The MathLab does not lend textbooks or calculators to students.
MathLab Tutors will:
- Answer specific questions.
- Help you get started on a problem.
- Check that you are approaching a problem correctly.
- Encourage you through the process as you tackle your homework.
MathLab Tutors will NOT:
- Actually work your homework problems for you, OR check your answers.
- Assist with take-home quizzes or any assignment restricted from the MathLab.
- Spend unlimited time with you.
- Repeat a lecture from class.
- Lend math textbooks or solutions manuals to you.
Student Employment Documents
Fall 2017 Submission Deadline: Friday, July 21, 2017
The Math department, reserves the right to limit the amount of time they employ students that are enrolled in their student teaching/apprentice teaching semester.
MathLab Contact Information
Math Lab Manager
Office Hours: 8am-5pm M-F