The RTG in Logic and Dynamics at UNT is a research training group funded by the National Science Foundation and the University of North Texas. Our mission is to
- Train undergraduate students to conduct mathematics research;
- Train graduate students and postdoctoral scholars to conduct high quality research in an area related to logic and dynamics, with an emphasis on the connection of the two fields;
- Increase the number of students pursuing degrees and careers in mathematical sciences, and particularly increase the number of women and minorities pursuing advanced degrees in mathematics
RTG Support Achievements
From its genesis in 2010, the UNT Research Training Group has worked to enhance the Department of Mathematics and the student experience through providing financial support. The RTG is proud that the initial planned support expectations have been exceeded and, to-date, the RTG has been able to grant:
• 18 Summer Undergraduate Math Scholar research stipends
• six undergraduate scholarships
• one graduate scholarship and
• four four-year graduate fellowships.
In addition to student support, the RTG and the University have also added three three-year post-docs to the Department.
For more information on the RTG undergraduate scholarship application procedure, visit our RTG Fellowships/Scholarships page.
RTG-relevant graduate courses and activities
►Please click the heading link above for this semester's offerings.
- RTG Logic and Dynamics Seminar
- Undergraduate Mathematics Research Colloquium
- Informal Mathematics Research Problem Session
- RTG Graduate Fellowships
- RTG Undergraduate Mathematics Research Tuition Scholarships
- RTG Summer Undergraduate Math Scholars Program