Tuition is fully covered for all supported graduate students. Supported students are paid a stipend of \$19,062 per year. PhD students who have completed all degree requirements except for the dissertation are paid a stipend of \$21,294 per year. Supported students are assigned 20 hours of work duties per semester, which consists of some combination of teaching, recitation, grading, and tutoring in the Math Lab.
Health insurance options can be found here.
Department policy for outside employment of supported graduate students:
1. Any outside employment is discouraged for supported students.
2. Outside employment of supported students is allowed only under the following conditions:
- The employment does not exceed 10 hours per week.
- The employment does not occur during regular business hours (M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm).
- The employment does not interfere with the student's graduate student duties.
- The student seeks prior approval from the graduate advisor.
3. Outside employment during summer is admissible, except when the student is supported financially by the department.
4. Outside employment violating the above guidelines may lead to a termination of the support from the department.
5. Additional rules apply to international students. All F1 and J1 international students must coordinate with the International Student and Scholar Services Office before accepting off-campus employment.